Friday, November 2, 2007

Only One Life To Live

I was just thinking...

In the current issue of Imprimis (Published By Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, MI www.hillsdale.edu), there is an interview with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas regarding his recently published book: My Grandfather's Son.

Clarence Thomas says of his Grandfather, "...as young people, there came a time when we rejected him. But he told us the truth about LIFE."

The Truth About LIFE...

The Bible speaks of life expectancy in Psalm 90:10 (ESV)-
"The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away."

As a child, I recall a motto that hung on our kitchen wall:
Only one life, 'Twill soon be past.
Only what's done for Christ will last.

That causes me to think (and remember)...
  • John said of Jesus: In Him was LIFE... (John 1)
  • Jesus said: I am the way, the truth and the LIFE... (John 14)
  • Jesus said: I have come that they might have ABUNDANT LIFE... (John 10)
  • Paul said: I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I LIVE... (Galatians 2)
I am so thankful for new LIFE in Christ! I am thankful for each new day - all 24 hours; 1,440 minutes; 86,400 seconds...

I hope I'm a good steward of that time and that I can give a good accounting for my use of it - and perhaps one day, I can hear my Savior, Lord and King say: "Well done, good and faithful servant..."

No comments: