Thursday, November 1, 2007

In Everything

I was just thinking...

Thanksgiving Day will soon be upon us. However, the Giving Of Thanks should always be part of our Daily Activity.

I appreciate the Testimony in Song penned by Andrae Crouch shortly after his conversion. The first stanza asks:

How can I say thanks For the things You have done for me,
Things so undeserved, Yet You gave to prove Your love for me.
The voices of a million angels Could not express my gratitude.
All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to Thee.
To God Be The Glory...

There's an interesting context in I Thessalonians 5:16 through 19...
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit....

Is there a possibility that one can "Quench The Spirit" when there is a failure to Give Thanks In Everything? I think that's part of the context and greater care should be given in this regard.

I hope I retain this perspective and focus so that my "in everything" will always be part of my Giving Thanks Always!

No comments: