Saturday, November 17, 2007

Incomprehensible and Incredible

I was just thinking about...
In recent Posts, the words Impossible...Immeasurable...and...Inexpressible have been on our plate as we contemplate Thanksgiving and our Reasons For Being Thankful.
As one thinks about the Triune God and all of what God has done and is doing for us, we cannot even begin to understand Why He Should Love Us So. Robert Harkness raised that thought and question when he wrote the words to a Hymn with that title...
Love sent my savior to die in my stead; Why should He love me so?
Meekly to Calvary's cross He was led; Why should He love me so?

Nails pierced His hands and His feet for my sin; Why should He love me so?
He suffered sore my salvation to win; Why should He love me so?

O how He agonized there in my place; Why should He love me so?
Nothing withholding my sin to efface; Why should He love me so?

When Paul thought about God and His Love and His Provision, he wrote in Romans 11:33-34 (NLT)...
Oh, what a wonderful God we have!
How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge!
How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods!
For who can know what the Lord is thinking?

The word - INCREDIBLE - means: "so extraordinary as to seem impossible"! It takes faith as small as a mustard seed to believe in our Great God and to Be Thankful To Him! What A Mighty God We Know and have the privilege to Serve with Gladness.

No comments: