Thursday, November 1, 2007

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I was just thinking....

Ones view of life and death is so vital. We cling to life as though it was all there is - but - ones soul lives forever. Where one spends eternity is of the utmost importance. I had a friend who would often share in his evangelism efforts: "Eternity is a long time to spend in the wrong place."

The words Written by Don Wyrtzen were sung so appropriately during the Funeral Service for Dr. D. James Kennedy...

When engulfed by the terror Of tempestuous sea
Unknown waves before you roll
At the end of doubt and peril is eternity
Though fear and conflict seize your soul.

Refrain:
But just think of stepping on shore And finding it heaven
Of touching a hand and finding it God's
Of breathing new air and finding it celestial
Of waking up in glory and finding it home.

When surrounded by the blackness Of the darkest night
O how lonely death can be
At the end of this long tunnel Is a shining light
For death is swallowed up in victory.

I hope these words have special meaning and reality for you. Eternity is a long time for you to spend it in the wrong place.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I finally got on your site. I haven't read everything yet, but I will.

Your favorite Son

Mickey & Marielos said...

Pastor Perry, Thanks for your thoughts. You know, for me life started once I realized Jesus as Lord and Savior, before I was "dead in my trespasses". Besides that, the 75-85 or so years (maybe - if all goes well) I spend on earth will be over soon enough, but true life continues.