Saturday, January 13, 2018

RELATIONSHIP

I Was Just Thinking About – RELATIONSHIP.

I often think of the persons who try to navigate through life alone. Some do it as a personal choice whereas others have lost oved ones along the way and continue their life journey alone. Ecclesiastics 4:9-12 defines the beauty of the personal and intimate relationship. The text states: “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” I have always thought of this threefold cord that is not quickly broken as a couple being joined together in marriage in the Lord.

People handle their aloneness in various ways. Some live and enjoy reflecting on their past memories and the good times associated with them. Others look at their closeness to death and their departure that will bring them into the presence of the Lord, as well as their loved ones who have preceded them in death. What is an option for one in a lonely place? What fruitful and productive impact can there be when one is alone or isolated? A possible answer may be Luke 5:16 that indicates: "Jesus withdrew into lonely places and he prayed." Jesus would often seek out the alone places for solitude and non-interruption. Rather than a place of despair, it was a place of hope for Him. These moments produced and promoted positive changes in His life and ministry.

In 1920, Robert Harkness penned the words to No Longer Lonely. The lyric is:
On life’s pathway I am never lonely,
My Lord is with me, my Lord divine;
Ever present guide, I trust Him only,
No longer lonely, for He is mine.
                          Refrain
No longer lonely, no longer lonely,
For Jesus is the friend of friends to me;
No longer lonely, no longer lonely,
For Jesus is the friend of friends to me.

I shall not be lonely in the valley
Tho’ shadows gather, I will not fear;
He has promised ever to uphold me,
No longer lonely! He will be near.

May you find hope and take refuge in the fact that the Lord is always with you and will never leave or forsake you.

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.

No comments: