Wednesday, March 8, 2017

FEELING DOWNTRODDEN

I Was Just Thinking About – FEELING DOWNTRODDEN.

King David was calling upon and crying out to the Lord for mercy in Psalm 28:2, “Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.” Amid his prayer, he reminds himself of a great truth about the Living Lord, Psalm 28:7, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”

In the regular ebb and flow of life’s events, there are times when one can become weary and discouraged. Those who deny one can experience weariness and discouragement are not being realistic. Even though one wishes to abide in the victorious Christian life, there will be times when joy and peace will seem distant. The Psalmist is an example of such times and what he did to overcome feeling downtrodden. Psalm 103:1-2, “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” In Psalm 42:5 and11, “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.” It is always necessary to remain focused on the all-sufficiency of the Lord. It is always rewarding to maintain one’s hope in the Living Lord.

One can also be encouraged by words in an old Hymn, His Eye Is On The Sparrow. Some of the Lyrics are:

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come. 
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He: 
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Let not your heart be troubled, His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. 
  
Do you have this comfort and assurance in your daily walk with the Lord?  Some basic Biblical truths should always be present with God’s people and in the forefront of their minds. Isaiah 41:9-13, “You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand…For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” Be of good cheer. Always hope in the Lord. You are in the grip of the Almighty God who will never let you go.

-->

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.

No comments: