Thursday, February 14, 2019

BROKEN PIECES


I was Just Thinking About – BROKEN PIECES.

Dr, Synesio Lyra, Jr, author of Appetizers For The Soul: Positive Thoughts To Begin and End The Day, posted the following on Facebook today  God can use a broken person just as He does those who are whole, as long as one gives Him the pieces that remain!” As one reflects on these words, it brings to mind that we were all “broken pieces” until that moment when Jesus Christ became our Savior and made us new creations in Himself.

It also reminded me of me of the words spoken by the Lord to Jeremiah (18:3-6), “I went down to the potter’s house and saw him working at the wheel.  But the vessel that he was shaping from the clay became flawed in his hand; so he formed it into another vessel, as it seemed best for him to do. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: O house of Israel, can I not treat you as this potter treats his clay? declares the LORD. Just like clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.” The message is clear. The Lord  can take that which is flawed or broken and form it – make it – into that which will bring glory and honor to Him. This concept was echoed by Paul when he wrote to Timothy (II Timothy 2:20-21), “A large house not only contains vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay…if anyone cleanses himself of what is unfit, he will be a vessel for honor: sanctified, useful to the Master, and prepared for every good work.”

Bill and Gloria put some of the above words into music when they wrote the Worship Chorus:
I will serve Thee because I love Thee
You have given life to me
I was nothing before You found me
You have given life to me
Heartaches, broken pieces
Ruined lives are why You died on Calvary
Your touch was what I longed for
You have given life to me.

You may be at a place in your life where you believe all hope of anything positive or good as a product of your life is lost – gone. It doesn’t have to be that way. I often remember a school teacher in a Christian School who was trying to teach some of the children with difficult learning skills and sense of self-worth. She would begin most of her classroom days with a simple word of encouragement: “Today can be the first day of the rest of your life.” Sometimes she would emphasize: “Today WILL BE the BEST day for the rest of your life.”

God Can – and – will - take your heartaches, the broken pieces of your life, your ruined life – and like the Potter – remold and refashion your entire being into a vessel of honor. Are you willing for Him to do that for you? Are you ready to say to Him, “Make me into what You want me to be – a vessel that will bring glory and honor to Your name?” One way to do it is to utilize as one of your prayers:
Spirit of the Living God, Fall fresh on me;
Break me, Melt me, Mold me, Use me;
Spirit of the Living God, Fall fresh on me.

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.

No comments: