Friday, November 4, 2016

ULTIMATE AUTHORITY

I Was Just Thinking About – Ultimate Authority.

On November 8, 2016, we will have some degree of certainty regarding who has been elected President of the United States for the upcoming four years. Some things that should be remembered amid this election cycle - - -

(1) On November 9th, regardless of who has garnered the most electoral college votes and been elected, God remains sovereign and in control of His creation and this world.

(2) Proverbs 21:1-2, “The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.”

(3) I Timothy 2:1-2, The Biblical Christian has a responsibility and duty. “I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings (presidents) and all who are in high positions (attorney general and supreme court justices), that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.”

(4) Ii Chronicles 7:14-15, “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.”

We would also do well to remember and apply words in the third stanza of the Hymn:
Stand up, stand up for Jesus;
Stand in his strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
You dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor;
Each piece put on with prayer.
Where duty calls or danger,
Be never wanting there.

May your faith and confidence always be in God and God alone. He is Sovereign. He is the Ultimate Authority over all mankind. You can be certain that He will accomplish His Will and His Purpose for you and our nation.

Prayerfully – Consider these things with me.

No comments: