Tuesday, August 9, 2016

RETROFITTING

I Was Just Thinking About – RETROFITTING

On Sunday, August 7, I posted comments under the title of “DOOM-STERS.” Part of the focus of my post included Jonah and his reaction and response to God who wanted him to go to Nineveh and preach about repentance and return to the Lord. Jonah objected because he believed they should receive the ultimate judgment of God.

My sister-in-law and her husband – Ed and Mary Lee Walker – served as missionaries in Haiti for 23 years. Ed later became Director of West Indies Mission (now WORLDTEAM) and is astute in the area of missiology. In response to the above post, Ed shared some of what is on his heart about hard places and ministry that still needs to occur. This is retrofitting (add something additional that was not originally included) and expanding upon the previous post.

Ed wrote:

“Two of today’s “Ninevehs” are Iran and North Korea –not very safe places for God’s prophets. The soon coming of the Lord will be after the gospel of the kingdom is proclaimed to all nations that includes the “Ninevehs” of this world. How many can truthfully say as Paul did to the Ephesians as recorded in Acts 20:24, “I consider my life of no value to myself, if only I may finish my course and complete the ministry I have received from the Lord Jesus—the ministry of testifying to the good news of God’s grace”? But that is what is required to complete the great commission.” “This completion of the task may be accomplished by the internal believers within the countries.  There is an evangelistic movement among the young people in Iran, for example. North Korea before the Marxist takeover had stronger churches than South Korea. How much of a remnant that remains is unknown.  Yet in the world there are people groups that have never been reached in their history to our knowledge, and we know that when the Lord returns there will be some from every tribe, tongue, people and nation in that number. When will the church take a serious God seriously and obey the command to make disciplines among all nations putting aside fear and prejudices?”

Prayerfully – consider these things with me!

No comments: