Monday, August 8, 2016

HOW SOON IS SOON

I Was Just Thinking About - - -
Most parents have shared the experience when traveling with children by having to respond to their question: Are we there yet? Our response was usually: “Soon – we’ll be there soon!” On one occasion, we made a slight mistake by saying: “After we stop and get something to eat!” It wasn’t too long before we started to hear: “Can we stop now – I’m hungry.” Obviously, the rationale was that after we ate something we would arrive at our destination soon or sooner.
John 14:2-3 are words of encouragement and hope. Jesus Christ has stated: “In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.” It is His promise to His people that someday - soon - they will be in His heaven and presence forever.
Very few people are anxious to die physically. They do all they can to preserve their life and stay upon the earth. The perception is that their loved ones will not enter his presence at the same time (except in some extenuating circumstance) or at the coming again of Jesus Christ. When will His coming again take place? “Soon! Very soon!” We need to remember that eternity is not based upon our sense of time. The Scriptures indicate (II Peter 3:8), “Do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day.”
So – when can we expect Jesus Christ to return and receive His own into His presence and eternal home? Answer: Soon – very soon! How do we know this is true? Revelation 22:20 is the promise of Jesus Christ to all of His persevering people: “He (Jesus) who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Our response in hope and confidence should be: “Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!”
Prayerfully – consider these things with me!

No comments: