Thursday, November 8, 2018

MISDIAGNOSES


-->
I Was Just Thinking About – MISDIAGNOSES.

There are two thrusts for this Blog today that deal with the subject of misdiagnosis (making an incorrect evaluation of an illness or other problem). This can happen both physically and/or spiritually. I have a friend who was misdiagnosed. The original Doctor treated it matter-of-factly and it almost had a fatal affect. Today, he is in a specialty clinic to deal with a very serious condition that will entail surgery on a vital organ. Another person whom I know intimately (viz. myself) was misdiagnosed on four occasions with different Doctors, that came close to being fatal (Stage 4 Cancer). It is only by God’s Grace that I can write about these two instances where God’s healing hand has intervened.

In the spiritual area, I wrote on a Facebook Page, the following that is near and dear to my heart. I don’t know how many serious answers I will receive (if any). That post is: "A serious question seeking serious answers (only). In the Presbytery, I am privileged to visit and preach The Word in churches that many would suggest are dying or already dead. Some of them have been advised about revitalization, evangelism, integration, etc. QUESTION: Is there a possibility of Ezekiel 37:1-6 being GOD'S PLAN AND PURPOSE for the declining churches that "dry bones can live" again? If not, why not? PLEASE be objective rather than subjective in your response! Thanks!" Can God – will He – bring about new life in churches that are waning and which have been in free-fall for quite a while? What does this passage state in particular? Ezekiel 37:1-6 (Berean Study Bible – BSB):
"The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out by His Spirit and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. He led me all around among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, and indeed they were very dry. Then He asked me: Son of man, can these bones live? I replied: O Lord God - only You know. And He said to me: Prophesy concerning these bones and tell them: Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!  This is what the Lord God says to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you will liveI will attach tendons to you and make flesh grow upon you and cover you with skin. I will put breath within you so that you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.”

There is another consideration: Why do small churches become smaller and wither? In Church Economics, as a man considers where he should seek a call and which call he should accept, the “Pay Package” becomes a dominant part of the decision-making process. The reality is that smaller and declining churches do not always have the resources to meet the “Pay-Package” recommendation and/or a man’s expectation. 

Years ago, there was a different focus for one who believed the Lord had called him to a ministry for Him. The idea was that a man’s commitment was to go anywhere, at any time, to do any work and at any cost for the Lord. For some, it may seem to be folly to embrace Philippians 4:19-20, And my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” Along with Matthew 6:31-33, “…But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.” 

For some who have served in the smaller and waning churches, and where there was no annuity provision, the Lord opens doors for on-going ministry as He provides for what is needed. It gives special meaning to those whose lives are being lived out in the seventh or eighth decade when God’s Word – Philippians 4:13 – reminds one: “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” (even for one who has survived Stage 4 Cancer because of the healing touch of The Master’s hand). Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Prayerfully – and carefully – consider these things with me!

No comments: