Monday, December 18, 2017

TIMELY REMINDERS

I Was Just Thinking About – TIMELY REMINDERS.

One of the things we had on our “To Do” list before my recent Hospitalization was to complete an Absentee Ballot for a State US Senate runoff. As we were ready to leave the Tax Assessor and Collector’s Office, I was asked if I would like to have one of their 2018 Calendars. For me, there were some timely reminders that ministered to my soul in a special way.

Timely Reminder #1: Psalm 136:26 – O give thanks to the God of Heaven, for His mercy endures forever.

Timely Reminder #2: John 13:34 – A new commandment I give unto you. That ye love one another.”

Timely Reminder #3: Luke 1:37 – For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Timely Reminder #4: Psalm 120:1 – In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and He heard me.

As I reflected on these Scriptural Reminders, my mind drifted in thinking about God - His vastness and greatness. My thoughts were on the Lyric of a song from years ago:
Though man may strive, to go beyond the reef of space;
To crawl beyond, the distant glimmering stars.
This world's a room, so small within my Master's house.
The open skies, but a portion of His yard.
Chorus
How big is God?  How big and wide his vast domain.
To try and tell, these lips can only start.
He's big enough, to rule this mighty universe.
Yet small enough, to live within my heart.

A point that resonates with me is the fact that approx. 7 billion people inhabit the planet at this time. However, His eye zooms down from His Throne Room and reminds us that He cares for you/me and our particular need/issue. The particulars of His creation are important to Him – the words spoken by us; the sparrow who falls; the hairs on our head; the concern of anxiety of one’s heart. 

As I am scanned for up to 2 hours later this morning, I trust the Holy Spirit will bring to my mind of Isaiah 43:2, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Also, Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

-->

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.

No comments: