Saturday, December 2, 2017

SOMETIMES

I Was Just Thinking About – SOMETIMES.

For the child of God, are we exempt from the sometime moments as or when they occur? My son would often remind me about situations for which there seemed no resolve: “Dad, sometimes stuff just happens.” That thought occurred to me yesterday as I spent several hours moving from place to place in the Kirklin Clinic in Birmingham, AL. Inasmuch as I was there as a patient rather than an observer, and as I was hearing the diagnoses and treatment plan, I could not avoid that which my son had so often shared – “Stuff” is not happening but is happening to me - NOW! As I reflected upon the “stuff”, an old Hymn came to mind:
Sometimes when my faith would falter
And no sunlight I can see;
I just lift my eyes to Jesus
And I whisper, "Pilot me."

Often when my soul is weary
And the days seem oh so long
I just look up to my Pilot
And I hear this blessed song.
    Refrain:

Fear thou not for I'll be with thee
I will still thy Pilot be
Never mind the tossing billows
Take My hand and trust in Me.

When I come to Jordan's river
And its troubled waters see
On the brink I'll see my Savior
And I know He'll pilot me.



When hearing about that which I did not want to hear, and weighed the potential possibilities of what I was being told, my heart became heavy. Sitting in that bust waiting area, I said to my wife: “I was hoping we would have several more years together.” Peggy, in and with her wisdom, touched my hand and replied: “We’ll just put this in the Lord’s hands. He’ll do what is right and best.”

Two verses we have often shared together came to mind. Psalm 37:23-25, “The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand. I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken…” Then, Isaiah 41:10, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

-->

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.

No comments: