Thursday, April 6, 2017

INDIFFERENCE

I Was Just Thinking About - INDIFFERENCE.

Amid the ongoing atrocities and carnage in the Middle East and elsewhere, HOW should the Biblical Christian and Church respond and WHEN? 

The USA likes to think of itself as a "Christian Nation" - BUT - is it? A perennial question that was often asked and reflected upon was: "What Would Jesus Do?”

Think about - Matthew 25:34-36, "Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’"
Also - think about James 1:22, 27 - “But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves…Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.”

And then, Isaiah 58:6-9 - “No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind. Then when you call, the LORD will answer: Yes, I am here, he will quickly reply.”

May God have mercy upon the afflicted - and - those who profess to be Christian and yet continue to be insensitive, apathetic and indifferent.

(The Graphic Appears in World Magazine).

Prayerfully - consider these things with me. 

No comments: