Sunday, February 12, 2017

MOMENTS

I Was Just Thinking About – MOMENTS.
As I was doing my devotional reading this morning, the thought occurred to me regarding the moments in my life and how they are either used or neglected. One thought was the words of a Hymn written by Daniel W. Whittle (1893):
Dying with Jesus, by death reckoned mine;
Living with Jesus, a new life divine;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine,
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.
Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.
Then the words of a Chorus that was popular seventy years ago – written by Norman J. Clayton:

Only to be what He wants me to be, 
Every moment of every day. 
Yielded completely to Jesus alone, 
Every step pf this pilgrim way.
Just to be clay in the Potter’s hands, 
Ready to do what His will commands.
Only to be what He wants me to be, 
Every moment of every day.
And then, some Scripture passages came to mind – – –
II Corinthians 10:5, “We tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” The emphasis, priority and discipline: “We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
Luke 9:23-24 “Jesus said to all of them: If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.” The emphasis, priority and discipline to remain focused on the cross and one’s identity with it every moment of every day.
Psalm 139:23-24, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Psalm 19:12-14, “Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults. Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
These are some things that convict me and make me want to be more fully committed to my Lord and Savior. How do you prioritize your moments every day?
Prayerfully – consider these things with me.

No comments: