Thursday, August 12, 2010

No Place Like Home

From My Perspective - - -

There is a common thread in each of our lives – regardless of where one is whether a Soldier in Battle in some designated war zone; or a missionary trying to reach a people and language group with whom there has been no previous contact; or an adventurer attempting to do what few have done before (or never done at all); or a person on a journey of necessity – the heartbeat is the same – there’s no place like home.

In 1939, a film was released that has become a Classic over the years. The title is: The Wizard of Oz. It features Dorothy Gale, a 12-year-old Kansas farm girl who is knocked unconscious during a Tornado. The film begins in Black and White with the Tornado moving towards the Farm House. Dorothy fails to make it to the Storm Cellar in time. She, her dog Toto, and the farmhouse are transported to the magical Land of Oz and the film shifts into brilliant Technicolor. Dorothy sets out on the yellow brick road journey to the Emerald City to ask the Wizard of Oz to return her to Kansas. Many events occur in her “dream” but when her wish is finally granted, two things occur: (a) the film transitions back into Black and White, and (b) Dorothy begins to regain consciousness muttering the words: “I want to go home!”

At a recent Funeral, the Minister addressed the hope of those embracing Biblical Christianity and the ultimate sense that to be “absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.” He incorporated the Lyric from a contemporary anthem written by Walt Harrah describing the Eternal Home for Biblical Christians. The Anthem is – “No More Night” and the lyrics are:
The timeless theme, earth and heaven will pass away.
It’s not a dream, God will make all things new that day.
Gone is the curse from which I stumbled and fell.
Evil is banished to eternal hell.
No more night. No more pain. No more tears. Never crying again.
And praises to the great "I Am."
We will live in the light of the Risen Lamb.

See all around, now the nations bow down to sing.
The only sound is the praises to Christ, our King.
Slowly the names from the book are read.
I know the King, so there’s no need to dread.
No more night. No more pain. No more tears. Never crying again.
And praises to the great "I Am."
We will live in the light of the Risen Lamb.

See over there, there’s a mansion, that’s prepared just for me,
Where I will live with my Savior eternally.
No more night. No more pain. No more tears. Never crying again.
And praises to the great "I Am."
We will live in the light of the Risen Lamb.

In John 14:2-3 (NLT), Jesus states: “There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you…When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.” In Revelation 21:3-4 are the words (NLT): “I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, "Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever." Have you prepared yourself to go to this eternal home? Make it your destination! Embrace it as your only hope! Consider these things with me!

No comments: