Monday, August 16, 2010

Dreams Can Turn To Ashes

From My Perspective - - -

Have you ever had a dream that you felt became more of a nightmare? Has that dream given you a sense of hopelessness and despair? Did it leave you with a feeling of frustration and helplessness? Did it make you wonder if there was anything you could aspire to and achieve? Is it reasonable to try?
Years ago, Frank Sinatra sang - - -
What now my love, now that you've left me
How can I live through another day
Watching my dreams turn to ashes And my hopes turn to bits of clay…

At about the same time-frame, an inspiring quote was shared by Robert Kennedy:
Some men see things as they are and say, Why?
I dream of things that never were and say, Why not?

From a Biblical perspective, Bill and Gloria Gaither wrote:
If there ever were dreams That were lofty and noble
They were my dreams at the start
And hope for life’s best were the hopes That I harbor down deep in my heart
But my dreams turned to ashes And my castles all crumbled,
my fortune turned to loss
So I wrapped it all in the rags of life And laid it at the cross.
Something beautiful, something good All my confusion He understood
All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife
But he made something beautiful of my life.

From the anti-Viet Nam War era, John Lennon’s Album in 1971 shared this feature lyric:
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try
No hell below us Above us only sky
Imagine all the people Living for today...
Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too
Imagine all the people Living life in peace...
Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one…

These words share several things, among them are: emptiness of soul, unrealistic idealism, a quest for a type of Utopia, an alternative to reality, no eternal focus and no moral compass, an impractical philosophy of life, an irreligious solution for mankind.

Adding to the confusion of our time, the present Administration is misconstruing what is and isn’t a “Top Priority” matter. By definition, the dictionary defines top as a singular entity: "the part of anything that is first or foremost." However, we have been introduced to at least 16 “Top Priority” issues. Among theme are: a) $600 Billion Border Security Bill; b) to Recover and Rebuild from this Recession; c) creating jobs in our country; d) Free Trade Agreements; e) Energy Security; f) Education Reform; g) Student Loan Reform; h) Exports by Small Businesses; i) Health Assistance to 9/11 First Responders; j) End Homelessness Among Veterans; k) Hurricane Preparedness; l) h1n1 Flu Vaccinations; m) Support for Military Families; n) Strengthening Ties with Canada and Mexico; o) Environmental Protection…

Nowhere in the Top Priority List is any reference to God, and God Alone. The Basic Spiritual Principles should be: 1) Matthew 6:33, “Seek first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness… 2) Proverbs 14:34, “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people…” 3) Jeremiah 29:13-14, “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord…” Obviously, there is a choice – spiritual or secular! Alternative fixes/remedies will fail! Choose the Spiritual solution! Consider these things with me!

No comments: