Monday, July 19, 2010

The Enemy Within

From My Perspective - - -

In The Washington Times for July 16th, 2010 is the following statement: “I have obtained this document sent by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. It appears the Washington Post is about to push the bounds of intelligence reporting. The intelligence agency seems concerned.” A Letter in this regard is also published, and if authentic, substantiates the report:
“Early next week, the Washington Post is expected to publish articles and an interactive website that will likely contain a compendium of government agencies and contractors allegedly conducting Top Secret work. The website is expected to enable users to see the relationships between the federal government and its contractors, describe the type of work the contractors perform, and may identify many government and contractor facility locations…
“Foreign intelligence services, terrorist organizations, and criminal elements will have potential interest in this kind of information. It is important that companies review their overall counterintelligence posture to ensure that it is appropriate. Specifically, we recommend that companies affected by this publication and website assess and take steps to mitigate risk to their workforce, facility and mission, to the extent consistent with your contractual relationship with ODNI. These steps should include re-enforcement of security and counterintelligence protections and steps to enhance workforce awareness. CI and security events related to the publication of these articles and website should be reported through normal company channels to the MSC/Security office. For the time being, thresholds should be lowered to aggressively report anomalous behavior….”

Meanwhile, Catholic Online reports: “The change in language was barely noticeable to the average citizen but political observers are raising red flags at the use of a new term freedom of worship by President Obama and Secretary Clinton as a replacement for the term freedom of religion. This shift happened between the President's speech in Cairo where he showcased America's freedom of religion and his appearance in November at a memorial for the victims of Fort Hood, where he specifically used the term freedom of worship. From that point on, it has become the term of choice for the President and Secretary Clinton…
"In her article for First Things magazine, Ashley Samelson, International Programs Director for the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, stated: To anyone who closely follows prominent discussion of religious freedom in the diplomatic and political arena, this linguistic shift is troubling - The reason is simple. Any person of faith knows that religious exercise is about a lot more than freedom of worship. It's about the right to dress according to one's religious dictates, to preach openly, to evangelize, to engage in the public square. Everyone knows that religious Jews keep kosher, religious Quakers don't go to war, and religious Muslim women wear headscarves-yet freedom of worship would protect none of these acts of faith…"

The Psalmist prayed in Psalm 43 – “Vindicate me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation; rescue me from deceitful and wicked men…Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy? Send forth your light and your truth…Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
In Psalm 143, the Psalmist once again prays – “O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief…The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead…I remember the days of long ago…Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails…Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. In your unfailing love, silence my enemies…”
As a nation, we seem to be losing our foundational values, basic freedoms and moral compass. Silence and apathy are two of the great enemies within. Ignoring reality, embracing a vague hope, remaining silent and being inactive in a just cause is an inexcusable posture. You can make a difference! Stand up and be counted! Consider these things with me!

No comments: