Monday, September 23, 2019

JOY AND DANCING


Just A Thought To Think About – JOY AND DANCING.

I have been thinking about the impact of the words in Romans 12:15 – “REJOICE with those who are rejoicing; WEEP with those who are weeping.” Some things are more easily read and spoken than they are heeding and applying.

When I think about our Great Grandson and his death at age 8 due to Leukemia, I have difficulty doing so without tears. When I think about one who was such a joy-filled encouragement to me when I was designated with Stage 4 Lymphoma (and as I contemplated death within 6 months more or less), and now. after more than 5 years have passed since his remission, his cancer has returned. He gallantly continues on in his ministry depending on God’s strength being made perfect in his weakness – but – as I write about him and pray for him, I do so with tears for this faithful servant. There are those for whom we pray (and will pray) that are dealing with an unexpected and unwanted malady.

As I read Scripture this morning, these words stood out to me from Psalm 30:4-5, “Sing to the Lord…and give thanks to His holy name…His favor lasts a lifetime. Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes with the morning.” Oxymoronic? No! How can this possibly occur when grief and sorrow are so real? How can one’s weeping result in joy, gladness and a smile on one’s face? Psalm 30:11 includes that which the Lord will do for His people, “You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,” Verses 11-12 (MSG), “Lord - You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance; You ripped off my black mourning band   and decked me with wildflowers. I’m about to burst with song;  I can’t keep quiet about you. God, my God,  I can’t thank you enough.”

When Oswald J. Smith wrote a Hymn, Deeper and Deeper, he wrote about entering into the Joy of Jesus that included: “Joy in the place of sorrow, Peace in the midst of pain, Jesus will give, Jesus will give; He will uphold and sustain.”

Prayerfully – Consider these things with me.

1 comment:

AlanI said...

Yes,when we lost our first son born Christmas Morning due probably to a junior doctor opting against nurses advice to use forceps (died 2 days later)when consultants were off Celebrating, it was tough. Hadn't the Lord said two weeks before, 'The first born will be mine.'We hadn't expected 'in heaven'. Then our next son had a dozen blue turns and heart medicine for two years - we were able to cling on to the promise ' he is not expected in heaven yet!' Now we see the glory in a son(40+) who is active in his local Elim Church on the music wifi side and rising up in experience at Vodafone. The Lord knows the way, just trust in Him at all time,believe in a glorious future and do not be discouraged by Christian friends who do not see healing in quite the same way as you do.