Tuesday, October 3, 2017

GETTING TO KNOW HIM

I Was Just Thinking About – GETTING TO KNOW HIM.

The quest for knowledge is noble. Education is a privilege that should never be neglected or taken for granted. Vigilance would require that a stand be taken against the “dumbing down” revisions and relegating a student’s achievements in terms of “Pass-Fail” rather than requiring attainment of the highest standards.

When it comes to spiritual knowledge, there must be a higher standard and requirement about God’s Truth and one’s knowledge of it. For instance, if one’s quest is truth, then it would be best to learn all one can about Jesus Christ because He said: “I am truth” (John 14:6).

In Insights for Today, Chuck Swindoll shares the following: “I remember it well. Almost as clearly as if it happened last month. But it didn't. It happened deep in the summer of '58. I was a Marine. Almost eight thousand miles of ocean between me and my wife. One-word descriptions of my condition? Disillusioned. Stretched. Learning. Lonely. Determined. Sincere. Uncertain. Afraid. The Quonset hut I called home housed forty-seven other Marines, and row after row after row of the identical round-top dwellings wrapped around hundreds of other young fighting men—men who had been trained to kill. No need to contaminate your mind with the stuff that went on inside those barracks. If you have trouble imagining, just think of a pack of hungry junkyard dogs that have been teased until they're snarling and foaming at the mouth. Add an endless stream of profanity, subtract all moral restraint, multiply by tropical heat and humidity, divide it by 365 days a year, and you have some idea of life on Okinawa.” 

Charles R. Swindoll shared a personal moment in his life when he felt all things were progressing toward increased hopelessness. Until, he read the following from the Amplified New Testament – Philippians 3:10 – and he said, “It was all I needed to hear: [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death.”

How well do YOU know HIM? Do you know your Shepherd’s voice and are you following Him with complete obedience (John 10:27-30)? How well and how often do you make Him known to others? Do others see Jesus Christ living in you? By your life, as well as by word, are you making Him known? 

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.
-->

No comments: