Monday, August 14, 2017

THE UNWANTED

I Was Just Thinking About – THE UNWANTED

Today, Our Daily Bread concludes and summarizes with these words: “James, a New Testament writer, challenged Christ-followers saying: Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans…in their troubles” (James 1:27 NLT). Today, like those first-century orphans, children of every social strata, ethnicity, and family environment are at risk due to neglect, human trafficking, abuse, drugs, and more. How can we honor the Father who loves us by showing His care for these little ones Jesus welcomes?” Other questions come to mind: (1) Who will run the risk and pay the price to reach out to care for the unwanted and abused? (2) Is Prayer and Financial Contribution the response James and Jesus were speaking of and suggesting? (3) How would you define tangible ways to make a difference with the unwanted, abused and neglected?

What is the observation, assessment and requirement of Jesus Christ in reaching out to the unwanted and unnoticed? Matthew 25:34-40 states that which is most important to Him in this regard: “Then the King will say to those on his right (the sheep): Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For (a) I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; (b) I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; (c) I was a stranger and you invited me in; (d) I needed clothes and you clothed me; (e) I was sick and you looked after me; (f) I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him: Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply: Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”

How have you responded to the heart and words of Jesus Christ? When will you respond and show His care for/to the unwanted? How will Jesus respond to those who ignore His Words and refuse to act as He wants one to do? Matthew 25:44-46 (NLT) answers: “Then they (the goats) will reply: Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you? And he will answer: I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me. And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”  How will you respond to “one of the least of these”? Can you – will you commit yourself to make a difference in the lives of “one of the least of these”?

Prayerfully – consider these things with me.
-->

No comments: