Sunday, February 16, 2014

WHEN THE CHAOS IS ENDED

From My Perspective - - -

All of us have a choice in life. We can either (a) focus on the chaos of the world in which we live, or (b) focus on our expectation and hope of entering a heavenly home where there is no chaos, pain, hardship or sorrow. What one does between being a conqueror amid the chaos in the world and being ready for the heavenly dwelling place is of the utmost importance.

In just a few days, March 5, 2014, the Lenten Season begins. It is good to review the events of the life of Christ and the death He would die. Many have a friend who weekly enters a post and graphic on her webpage that states: “Worship Him. Remember - Every Sunday is Easter Sunday.” The point of this entry is twofold: (1) Sunday needs to be viewed as The Lord’s Day, and (2) The object of one’s worship is The One who was raised from the dead on the first day of the week – Jesus Christ. A fascinating verse is II Corinthians 5:15, “he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.” It is the last phrase that serves as the basis and hope that one has in Jesus Christ – “He was raised.” 

Another significant passage as a basis for one’s expectation and hope is John 14. Jesus is speaking to His disciples about His leaving them and where He will be going. John 14:1-3, 27 states: “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”  He is saying to His followers: (1) Heaven is a Promised Place; (2) Heaven is a Prepared Place; and (3) Heaven is a Peaceful Place.

What will occur when a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is reunited with Him? Revelation 21:1-7 gives one a glimpse of what it will be like when Jesus returns and we are caught up to be with Him. John writes: “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth…And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. And he who was seated on the throne said: Behold, I am making all things new…It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment…

Walter S. Harrah wrote the lyric for an anthem that captures the words of this passage:
”The timeless theme, earth and heaven will pass away. It's not a dream; God will make all things new that day. Gone is the curse from which I stumbled and fell. Evil is banished to eternal hell.
“See all around, now the nations bow down to sing. The only sound is the praises to Christ, our King. Slowly the names from the book are read. I know the King, so there's no need to dread.
“See over there, there's a mansion, oh that's prepared just for me, where I will live with my Savior eternally.” And the Refrain triumphantly resounds: “No more night. No more pain. No more tears. Never crying again. And praises to the great "I AM." We will live in the light of the risen Lamb.”

The words of I Thessalonians 4:13-18 are important for one to remember: “I do not want you to be ignorant (uninformed)…concerning those who have fallen asleep (died), lest you sorrow as others who have no hope…For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”  Consider these things with me!

No comments: