From My Perspective - - -

One particular News Agency loves to state that their News Reporting is “Fair and Balanced – we Report, You Decide.” The question is: Is there any News Agency whose reporting is “fair and balanced.” On the ABC News Website, the following appears: “Critics of President Obama felt little holiday cheer after the president did not thank God in his Thanksgiving-themed weekly Internet address. They immediately took to Twitter and the Internet to voice anger and disbelief…"Somebody ought to remind Obama (and his speechwriter) that when Americans sit down around a meal today and give thanks, they give thanks to God." Over on the website of Fox News Radio, radio host Todd Starnes also took issue: His remarks were void of any religious references, although Thanksgiving is a holiday traditionally steeped in giving thanks and praise to God…The president said his family was reflecting on how truly lucky we truly are, Starnes said. For many Americans, though, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on how blessed and thankful they are." Is any of that “fair and balanced”? No! Why, you may ask?

The ABC Report continues: “…the President explicitly thanked God earlier in the week in his written Thanksgiving proclamation, which called the holiday one of our nation's oldest and most cherished traditions, and an occasion that brings us closer to our loved ones and invites us to reflect on the blessings that enrich our lives. As we gather in our communities and in our homes, around the table or near the hearth, we give thanks to each other and to God for the many kindnesses and comforts that grace our lives. Let us pause to recount the simple gifts that sustain us, and resolve to pay them forward in the year to come, Obama wrote.” Lest the political opponents get too gleeful too quickly, observe the following: “Ironically, the attacks on Obama came as the Republican White House hopefuls suspended their criticism of the president on Thursday in favor of a unified message of thanks to U.S. service members and their families. Three of the Republican presidential candidates – Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum – issued Thanksgiving statements that omitted any references to God. Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain and Rick Perry mentioned God in their statements…”

It is becoming safe to say that we are becoming more and more irreligious in our nation and among the national leadership. Religious comments by politicians seem plastic and inclined to appeal to a portion of a political base rather than from a real and personal commitment to the Eternal God Who created and sustains the universe – and Who is carrying out His Will and Purpose regardless of who agrees or disagrees. In this age of political correctness and an imbalanced commitment to avoid offending or alienating those of Islamic convictions, we have jettisoned our foundational principles and core values as a nation. Our nation is in the process of turning a corner in terms of Israel and being identified with that nation that is surrounded by Arab States.

In the midst of our imbalances, we need to regain a focus and commitment to the principles and values that should never be compromised. There is a place where “fair and balanced” are of no consequence at all – namely – when it comes to The Authority of God. We would do well to note Isaiah 43:10-11, “You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior.” And, Isaiah 45:5-7, “I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.” Remember Who spoke these words and Who will speak the last words as well!  Consider THESE THINGS with me!