Wednesday, November 9, 2016

FATALISM FALLACY

I Was Just Thinking About - FATALISM FALLACY.
For all the professing Christians, political "junkies" and "hand-wringers" who spoke of despair and the doomsday view of the Election 2016, read the words of the Psalmist David when he entertained being given to despair and the sane conclusion he reached as his focused returned toward the Sovereign Lord...(Copied from Get More Strength For The Journey):
"What do we do when life has us in pieces at the bottom of the wall? Read and embrace the truth of Psalm 13 1:6! David starts the psalm with refreshing honesty—the kind of candor we unfortunately don’t often encounter in the church world.
In his despair, he complains, “How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?” (Psalm 13:1). He feels hopeless and, worse yet, abandoned by God. So, in desperation he throws himself on the mercy of God, pleading, “Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death” (Psalm 13:3). But even as he expresses his hurt and anguish, the tone of David’s prayer changes. In Psalm 13:5, David’s attention shifts from his broken life to the solid, unchanging character of God. Of course, intense prayer always does that. When you’re with God, you can’t help but shift your attention from yourself to Him. Seeing God afresh, David’s heart is finding new strength as he affirms, “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation” (Psalm 13:5).
Prayerfully - consider these things with me!

No comments: