Monday, November 26, 2007

Back To Basics

I was just thinking about...

LIFE can become very complex, so much so that we miss the Beauty of Simplicity. A friend sent me the following reminder of the need to return to the Basics (Original Source Unknown)...

Three things in life that, once gone, never come back -
1. Time 2. Words 3. Opportunity

Three things in life that can destroy a person -

1. Anger 2. Pride 3. Unforgiveness

Three things in life that you should never lose-

1. Hope 2. Peace 3. Honesty

Three things in life that are most valuable -

1. Love 2. Family &Friends 3. Kindness

Three things in life that are never certain -
1. Fortune 2. Success 3. Dreams


Three things that make a person -
1. Commitment 2. Sincerity 3. Hard work


Three things that are truly constant -

Father... Son... Holy Spirit

I ask the Lord to bless you, as I pray for you today;
to guide you and protect you, as you go along your way.
God's love is always with you,
God's promises are true.
And when you give God all your cares,

you know God will see you through.

I know I will be well-served by reminding myself of these basics. I can get so many of my plans going that I can almost squeeze out God's Plan for me. I can get so involved in the details that I can cause myself to miss out on the Blessing God wants me to enjoy and acknowledge.

Steve Brown of Key Life Ministry closes most of what he writes with three words: "Think About It!" That's good advice for me - to - "Think About It" and then to Act Upon It!



No comments: